Friday, November 23, 2012

Internet: A new world to proclaim HIS Greatness!

I love to surf the net. Most of my idle times I spend sitting in front of my laptop reading some stuff,
visiting new sites or updating my own. I have lots of accounts in the web, some I actively updating
but most are often forgotten. I like the idea of an on line journal, might it be personal stuff or
a travel blog.

That's why the moment I saw M6: Faith on Line in the list of the workshops for MEC, I know this is
the one for me. I know this could help me turn this hobby of mine into something else. Something
more useful. Something that would serve my purpose. And that is to proclaim God's Words.

And I was not wrong. The workshop turned out the way I expected it to be. It really is to
encourage everyone to blog and use the net to Proclaim His words. And not only that. It showed
how the social networking, videos and online games can be use to spread the Gospel.

Big thanks to Tito Edmund Fajut who facilitated the workshop. It was awesome! I had never been
so interested in a talk the way I had been on this one. It's so obvious I'm into it! There was no
"Antok Moments" for me during the workshop. And I feel like, the time alloted is not enough for
a wonderful workshop like that.

                                          Photo from SFC Middle East Official Fan Page

Pope John Paul II once mentioned in his 36th Communication Day message,
"The Internet causes billions of images to appear on millions of computer monitors around the 
planet. From this galaxy of sight and sound will the face of Christ emerge and the voice of Christ 
be heard? For it is only when his face is seen and his voice heard that the world will know the glad 
tidings of our redemption. This is the purpose of evangelization. And this is what will make the 
Internet a genuinely human space, for if there is no room for Christ, there is no room for man. 
Therefore, on this World Communications Day, I dare to summon the whole Church bravely to 
cross this new threshold, to put out into the deep of the Net, so that now as in the past the great 
engagement of the Gospel and culture may show to the world "the glory of God on the face of 
Christ”(2 Cor 4:6). May the Lord bless all those who work for this aim."

The Lord ask us in Luke 5:4, "Put out into the deep and let down for a catch". Internet is like a 
deep ocean. Where you can get all the catch you want. And we all do know our SFC Mission: 
Every Single man and woman ALL OVER THE WORLD experiencing CHRIST. 
Instead of discouraging our fellows in using the internet because of all the temptations and bad
influence they can get in there, let us encourage them to use the Internet to fulfill our mission.

But let this be a reminder. Internet can only give information but not wisdom. The Pope also said, 
It is just a means, not an end. We can't allow our solo surfing to replace the true solitude that 
nourishes the soul. Let us just use the internet to help those who are in contact with the internet
to have their way to build a more personal contact with our God through the church. And we 
can do this if we start sharing our own experiences of Christ through the Net.

To my co-M6: Faith On Line attendees, don't be afraid, Go for it! Spread God's Love. Blog!

                                          Photo from SFC Middle East Official Fan Page

No comments: